Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stash

I've gone a little nuts this weekend playing with yarn. I decided that it was time I finally put everything into my "Stash" on Ravelry. The big stuff was easy, most of it was already there. I'm down to remnants now, which I debated about entering at all. Here are my rules:
  1. Sock yarn under 100 yds doesn't need to be entered
  2. Other yarn 25 yards and under doesn't need to be entered
  3. If I have less than 25 yards of something I used in a project, it can be moved to "All Used Up" but I should still note how many yards I have left, just in case I want to use the scraps for something
I'm not really sure why I'm doing this, other than I am on a cleaning/organizing kick since I'll be packing up soon. That and with the moving and temporary unemployment that is going to follow, I really can't afford to be buying any more yarn for the next few months, so I might as well know what I have. (Don't feel sorry for me, I've spent the last 2 1/2 years preparing for this so I'll be fine. If you are tempted to feel bad, take a look at my stash on Ravelry and you won't anymore.)

I did have a thought about the yarn and moving though. I'm going to use it to cushion my plates and glasses in the boxes. I suppose it could be a problem if something did break, but with that much cushioning I doubt it is a huge risk.

I'm not done with the shoe box of remnants though, so back to the ball winder and yarn meter.

No comments: