Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Walking

It has been a really beautiful weekend. The temperature has been hanging around in the 70's which allows me to keep my windows open and the air off. This is always a good thing in my book.

It has also been cool enough to take advantage of the Forest Preserves and get some walking in. My parents came out to visit us, and to help manage her diabetes, my mom needs to get about 30 minutes of exercise in every morning and evening, so she and my dad walk. I thought they might enjoy some of the paths around here.

Of course, if I go for a walk I usually have my camera, and yesterday was no exception. This time of year is really beautiful with all the wildflowers blooming and there were butterflies everywhere.

I haven't been doing much knitting these weekend, although I did cast-off one of my mom's socks (I'd be more excited if there wasn't a second sock to knit for that pair). Since I got my Ravelry invite yesterday I've mostly been playing on there. I inventoried all my needles and hooks yesterday and added all my knitting books that are currently available for adding. I've added a few FO's and WIP's and a few skeins of yarn here and there, but the project and stash section is going to take me awhile. Being the type of person who loves the idea of being organized, I probably will use those features.

No comments: