Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Illinois Secretary of State office is completely incompetent.

When I went in last month and got my sticker I had to change my title to reflect my married name. I got charged a fee for this, which I think is completely unfair being that this isn't a change of ownership, I am forced (yes forced, I could not get the sticker without doing it) to change the name on my title as the result of my name change due to marriage. I paid the fee and wrote it off as another reason I hate Illinois. In a way, it is sort of like punishing a woman for having property in her name.

I get the title in the mail today. Guess what? It has my MAIDEN name on it. Great job Illinois. You just reissued a title EXACTLY as it was before. There wasn't even an address change on it.

1 comment:

La Petite Tricoteuse said...

that is ridonkulus- so bad I can't bring myself to spell correctly