I don't have pictures quite yet, I hope to add them later this weekend.
I realized that as much as I've been typing the past couple days, none of it has been about knitting, so here is the update:
I finished the Malabrigo scarf. It ended up being slightly over 5 feet. I thought it would be longer and would have liked it to be, but is still an acceptable length and it matches one of my favorite hats, so all is good.
After I posted about the Clessidra sock a couple weeks ago I realized I was going to have to rip it. Fortunately, I only had to rip as far as the ribbing, but still, that wasn't exactly fun. It turns out that if you want seed stitch you have to alternate your knit and purl stitches else you will end up with ribbing. I don't know what I was thinking, obviously I wasn't. To be fair, I very rarely knit seed stitch because I find incredibly tedious and I knit it the round even more infrequently, so I guess it isn't surprising that when I went into autopilot on the knitting in those sections it failed. Anyway, after a few days I picked it back up and started again and I'm further than I was before now. Third time's the charm, right? (The first time was in May when I was going to make it larger than the pattern called for to be sure it accommodated my, um, shapely, calves. Then I got confused about where to put the extra stitches in the pattern so I ripped it out after Kate convinced me the pattern as is would probably be fine. Now that I've got it going I see how I would make it larger if I had wanted to.)
I've also resumed some of the projects that were "hibernating" for awhile. I finished the cable panel and the rest of the front on the sweater I started (and stopped) back in May. I've now picked up stitches around the neck and am knitting the mock turtle.
I also picked up the "Handsome Triangle" again. This is good knitting when Mark is reading law in the evening, and since he was back to school this week the shawl has reappeared. I was about 2/3 the way through the third (of four) section repeat when I put it down. When I was photographing it awhile back for Ravelry I noticed it was getting pretty big. After doing some research on other Handsome Triangles, I decided that my idea to stop knitting after the end of the third section was probably a good one. This means that I now have only 8 more rows to go (although those rows have 300+ stitches) and then a crochet border to do.
I have another project I am working on, but it is a Christmas present so I can't write about it in detail. Part 1 is done and I have begun part 2. We will leave it at that.
I also knit a quick pair of mittens two Sundays ago. They are child sized and I will send them for the Dulaan Project.