Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Digging up old entries

All right, I went back through my old blog posts to see if I got the spam comment a bunch or other Ravelers got (I did not) and found this knitting survey from September 2007.

I have deleted everything on the list that I said then I had already done. So now I am looking at the list to see how many things I wanted to do that I have done or if I have changed my opinion on them. My comments today are in parenthesis:

Key:

I want to do it

Very Little/No interest

I don't know what it is so I can't comment

• Afghan (crocheted not knitted, but done)
• Knitting with metal wire (tried anyway and didn't like it)
• Knitting with camel yarn ("It isn't the idea, it is the price," I said. It is still the price)
• Mittens: Tip-down
Participating in a KAL (I have done successfully, the key is finding the right type of KAL)
• Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
• Domino knitting ( I still don't know what this is)
• Two end knitting
• Toy/doll clothing (I might give this a shot)
• Knitting with your own handspun
• Slippers (done!)
• Graffiti knitting
• Continental knitting (Yeah, I keep thinking I need to learn this)
• Publishing a knitting book
• Teaching a child to knit
• Knitting to make money
• Dying with plant colors (I didn't want to do this? Why not?)
• Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars (done!)
• Olympic knitting (done!)
• Teaching a male how to knit
• Bobbles
• Knitting for a living
• Knitting smocking
• Steeks
• Knitting art
• Knitting with beads (no, I want to do this)
• Entrelac (done!)
• Machine knitting
• Stuffed toys (I don't want to do this really)
• Darning (done! I should have blogged about that.)
• Jewelry
• Writing a pattern
• Gloves
• Knitting for preemies
• Tubular CO (tried and gave up on the instructions)
• Freeform knitting
Pillows
• Rug
• Knitting on a loom
• Thrummed knitting
(done!)
• Knitting for pets (done! I didn't have pets when I did this the first time)
• Shrug/bolero/poncho
• Knitting with dog/cat hair (I still dont' want to do this)
• Hair accessories

1 comment:

EGunn said...

It's interesting to see how those lists change. This is a good use for memes that I hadn't thought of before...I wonder what my comparison would look like?