Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall Foliage

On Thursday night I wanted to check my email/websites quickly before heading up to Geneva to return my unused skein of yarn from the "Tomato" a.k.a. "Plum" I knit at Wool & Company. I was thrilled to discover the new Knitty was up, and was even happier to discover that there were some really great hat patterns in this time. I made a mental note of what yarns the patterns were knit from. I returned the skein of yarn for store credit and picked up a skein of Noro that could match a couple different skeins of Cascade I have in my stash to make "Pecan Pie" and I found a beautiful red-orange skein of Malabrigo worsted for the "Foliage" hat.

I am happy to show my completed "Foliage" hat today. I really enjoyed this pattern once I got past the first couple rounds. It is knit crown-down, which was a first for me in my hat knitting. I never like starting a project on DPNs, so this was my least favorite part of the pattern, but once I got into the lace pattern it was a lot of fun to knit. The charts were easy to follow and the pattern is written clearly. I think I may make this pattern again, maybe in the chunky weight version next time.

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

Love the color on that hat! Awesome choice!