Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Knit Blog Acronyms and Accompanying Gripes

I am actually member of the SKC. I have never completed a KAL because apparently they have the effect of anti-motivation for me (that is another blog post entirely), but I'm still there because I can't figure out how to remove myself and I still subscribe to it in bloglines even if I never intent to participate. Mostly I still read it because during pattern nomination time I like to see what people put out there in hopes of finding some pattern I just have to knit.

Pattern nomination time is also when the alluded to gripe surfaces. For the last few nomination periods, there are people who keep submitting patterns that have already been SKC KALs. Do some research please! It isn't as if it has a 10 year history. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it really does bug me.

No comments: